As Massachusetts begins reopening following the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown, DiPiano Family Law Group, P.C. has created new guidelines for preparing for your initial consultation and follow-up meetings.
For the safety of our clients, we are adhering to strict cleaning and meeting measures to ensure a healthy environment. We are:
- Staggering staff schedules to keep office traffic to a minimum
- Encouraging clients to schedule virtual legal consultations and follow-on meetings
- Utilizing digital contract signatures, where possible
- Accepting payment by credit card (as well as check by mail)
If this is your first time preparing for a virtual conference call, we understand it can be stressful. Here are a few tips to make the call successful:
- Select an area of your home (or wherever you’ll be taking the call) that is private, with few distractions and as little background noise as possible.
- Use headphones if you can: it helps break up echo (and keeps your conversation private if other parties are nearby).
- Make sure you download Zoom prior to the call, and test your microphone and speakers before dialing in. Pro tip: you can join a test meeting by clicking here.
- Read our blog post on the initial consultation. Hint: you don’t need to come with stacks of documents. It’s a good rule of thumb to have a general idea of finances, but we’ll get into the details later.
- Jot down general ideas of topics you want to make sure you cover, if it helps.